Felt like a dinosaur, while taking my son to see Jurassic World and explaining I saw the original, Jurassic Park, as an adult over twenty years ago.
Though I went into the theater feeling like I already knew the basic script . . . people brought to a remote island to witness the latest DNA research, ohs and ahs, then someone speaks up and says aloud, "this might not be a good idea!" with a dramatic close up, then dinosaurs start chasing, secondary actors are eaten, BURP, then a spectacular ending before the lawsuits start flying AND all this with romance thrown in . . . it fully delivered with new elements of surprise and a cast that worked well together.
During the movie, I found some concepts very intriguing. These are just some of the thoughts and questions that ran through my mind.
1) The age of the earth was stated at 65 and then 75 million, so which exactly is it? I always thought an answer of 63.5 (not that I agree) would at the very least seem more scientific.
2) In the beginning, which came first, the dinosaur or the egg?
3) With all the work that goes into getting an egg to hatch (teams of scientists, perfectly stabilized conditions, most of the DNA code already provided) is it really logical to think that all the male and female animal kinds of the earth just all appeared via evolution and were able to procreate successfully all these years without an intelligent designer?
4) Not really a spoiler, but look away if you must. In the movie, people in leadership roles have to make moral decisions (which is always awkward when you put all your dinosaur eggs in the basket of evolution) to destroy the out of control, dangerous members of their creation. This is done to protect other members that were created, secondary to protecting their own species, which evolved, again awkward. So my thought on this is why do some people question God's right to do with His creation as He sees fit?
5) In the movie there is dinosaur trainer, this would indicate that the audience understands, at least on a subconscious level, that man was given dominion over the animals.
6) Who and what benefits when mass groups of people don't know that they were created and where does the moral code originate?
7) I think I will take a break.
Just some Jurassic food for thought.
To find my facebook page, click on humble & bold.
Christina is an
There are some links on my humble & BOLD site that are affiliate links, which means I receive a small compensation if you purchase the product or service. The compensation will in no way influence the content, posts or topics made on this blog. I only link to products that are highly rated and that I feel would be of benefit to my readers.