Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier, it just does. With so much to wade through, it feels daunting at times trying to figure out who would best lead our country, or as I have heard some say, "Who would do the least damage?"
I've had several people come up to me in a cautious manner, while looking around and ask me, in a whisper like tone, which candidate I supported. This post is a way of explaining how I made up my mind and the links that greatly influenced my decision.
For the longest time I didn't see any bumper stickers or yard signs for either candidate (not that much on social media either) and it made me wonder if anyone really felt confident about their choice or if they are still undecided. Hopefully, it's not a sign of apathy, but rather a desire not to stir up heated emotions among those around them.
To be upfront, I really have a lot of issues with Hillary Clinton's record (And no, Hillary, not the kind you play.) But Trump has said things that give me considerable pause and concern too. Since he seems to have no filter, shocking us with his blunt political incorrectness. At least we know how he really feels about a certain topic; whereas with seasoned politicians, it is hard to tell. My hope is that he would listen to wise counsel, if elected, because I'm concerned about racism, racial tension, our law enforcement officers, the welfare and treatment of Native Americans, Hispanics, Muslims, and weary burdened refugees. We also need a leader to defend Israel and the persecuted Church.
The fact that the Clintons and Trumps socialized together and their daughters are good friends made me wonder if We The People are being played. I started to research further what the candidates stood for and against; they both have flip flopped on different topics, based on what they felt was popular opinion at the time. So what to believe and what to do?
During my research I have come across seven links that shed light on the candidates that are not found in the mainstream media. Increasingly, I found it difficult to stay balanced as the weight of evidence started tipping the scales in one direction. If you see any statements here that you believe are false, please message below, and show evidence as proof. I want only to have and share necessary and accurate information. There is so much at stake with this election.
1) Clinton Cash on YouTube is over an hour long, but clearly explains how The Clinton Foundation operates globally.
Following the money trail is revealing and disturbing. I credit this link for opening my eyes to the injustice that has happened in Haiti concerning donations that were sent to help those devastated in the 2010 earthquake. Recently found out there is also a Trump Foundation, so keeping our leaders accountable (and ourselves accountable for that matter too) is crucial for our country's welfare.
2) Hillary's America by Dinesh D'Souza is the top grossing documentary of 2016 and there is a reason why. D'Souza examines the Democratic Party's history and reveals key influences in Hillary Clinton's early years in politics. This link is only to the preview, but I highly recommend the entire movie. Most disturbing is how the Democratic Party has a long history of racism, despite it's outward appearance of support for those in the African American community.
3) 11 Alive's Interview of Pastor Jentezen Franklin, who has been appointed to serve on Trump's Executive Evangelical Advisory Board. Pastor Franklin said, "I would do the same for Hillary if she asked me." He also said that he and other evangelical leaders were not naïve in thinking this was not about getting votes. Pastor Franklin expresses his and other evangelicals' desire to have a seat at the table where important decisions are being made that will affect all of us.
4) The video of Trump being prayed over by evangelical leaders has not been widely viewed or even promoted. But I find it very interesting. Both candidates are flawed as we all are, but Trump has allowed and even humbled himself to be prayed over by both men and women of faith. Humility, even in small doses, is an encouraging sign.
5) Statement by Trump about evangelicals during his acceptance speech at the RNC. I watched both candidates' acceptance speeches during the conventions, but this moment really stood out to me. Even if Trump approached the evangelical community with an agenda in getting votes, this part of his speech seemed sincere.
6) Hillary's admiration of Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood with a eugenics agenda, should concern everyone. If you research Margaret Sanger, you will be shocked at how anyone would say they admire her, especially once you realize what her motivations were, in which Sanger herself describes as, "The Negro Problem."
Hillary's allegiance to Planned Parenthood, despite damaging undercover videos showing that baby parts are big business, should concern everyone. It won't, but it should.
7) Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks has given several interviews from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. However, this interview with Judy Woodruff is very revealing. Assange discloses that their sources have come from within the DNC itself.
Even though I have great concerns with Trump, the evidence against Hillary is far more concerning. No one candidate is perfect or will be the solution to our problems. I believe our hope is in Christ and getting ourselves right with Him and others. At this point, as I continue to pray for both candidates, Trump has my vote.
Dr. Carol Swain
Planned Parenthood Exposed
Stay humble & be BOLD!
2 Chronicles 7:14
"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
To check out my testimony click here
To like my facebook page click here
Find me on twitter @humble_bold
9/22/2016 06:32:30 am
As a Canadian, I am been just a remote observer with what has been happening regarding your upcoming election. I appreciate, and am sure others do too, of your research here, and the links you have shared. I'm sure it can be over-whelming with the amount of information as well as the discretionary tasks to check if the facts are really that--facts or involve a self-serving agenda that is not in integrity. Praying!
Lynn, thank you for your prayers; they are very much needed. It can get easily heated discussing the elections. I wanted to share what has influenced my decision and find out what has influenced others in a civil and courteous manner. I love dialogue where we can better communicate.
I am a Trump supporter as well, for many of the reasons that you listed. I've noticed that most people are against Trump because he is too blunt, and while I agree that he needs to learn how to guard his mouth, I'm less concerned with him hurting feelings than I am with Hillary actually lying to the people and hiding so many things. Actions are more important than words said. No candidate is perfect, but at least one claims to believe in the Bible.
9/22/2016 11:54:07 am
Amen! I am right here in these shoes along with you! Lol, but seriously, I have wrestled with this issue for a long time and came to the same conclusion you have. Hillary is one of the worst things that could happen to this country. God help us!
9/22/2016 07:52:43 pm
I actually have come to the same conclusion as you. When someone asks me why I'm for Trump, I just tell them that I'm not FOR Trump, but I will never vote for Hillary. I don't go around telling people that Trump is such an amazing guy, because he's just a man. He's got lots of flaws, but he is at least more transparent about himself that Hillary is about herself.
9/23/2016 08:40:28 am
Rachel, I know. I don't boast in Trump, but in what my God can do through any man that will humble himself.
9/23/2016 06:29:09 am
We are of like minds. xo
It is certainly a difficult year as neither candidate seems qualified. I wish there was another choice. It will definitely take prayer to make a decision. But the important thing to remember is that no matter who is president, God is still on the throne.
Leave a Reply.
Christina is an
There are some links on my humble & BOLD site that are affiliate links, which means I receive a small compensation if you purchase the product or service. The compensation will in no way influence the content, posts or topics made on this blog. I only link to products that are highly rated and that I feel would be of benefit to my readers.